Does Your Scale Tell You the Whole Story?
Your scale tells you your body weight, but, how much of that weight is fat, muscle and water?
Quick Facts About Body Fat and Body Composition
- Body fat percentage is the amount of body fat as a proportion of your body weight
- Reducing excess levels of body fat has shown to reduce the risk of certain conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
- Total Body Water Percentage is the total amount of fluid in a person’s body expressed as a percentage of their total weight.
- Every individual varies but as a guide the average total body water percentage ranges for a healthy adult are: Female: 45-60% Male: 50-65%
- The total body water percentage will tend to decrease as the percentage of body fat increases. A person with high percentage of body fat may fall below the average body water percentage. As you lose body fat, the total body water percentage should gradually move towards the typical range for health y adults.
- Visceral fat is the fat in internal abdominal cavity, surrounding the vital organs in the trunk (abdominal) area.
- Research shows that even if your weight and body fat remains constant, as you get older the distribution of fat changes and is more likely to shift to the trunk area especially post menopause.
- Excess levels of visceral fat increases your risk of developing certain diseases such as heart disease, high blood pressure, and the onset of type 2 diabetes.
- Even though your weight may not change, your muscle mass and body fat levels may be changing making you healthier and at lower risk of certain diseases.
About Body Fat Percentages…
Overview information: In the past, metabolic testing has only been available in the university system.
More about Metabolic Testing, the exact measurements you need to succeed!
Current research confirms that the key to weight loss lies in energy balance.
It seems so simple?burn more calories than you eat. Yet anyone who has ever been on a diet knows it?s not that simple. Losing weight and keeping it off is the single most frustrating task thousands of people undertake each year. Metabolic Testing tells you exactly HOW to tip the scales in your favor! By testing your unique metabolic rate, we can determine and help you understand why you’ve had difficulty losing weight in the past and what you need to do to be successful.