Are you not quite sure if bariatric surgery is right for you? Have you already made the decision to have bariatric surgery? No matter where you stand, Nutrition by Joey can provide you with top notch bariatric nutrition education. Nutrition by Joey has been helping clients prepare for bariatric surgery and have a higher success rate for sustained weight loss for over 15 years. We pride ourselves in being your partner through every step of your journey, both pre and post-surgery.
If you are out of town, no problem! Nutrition by Joey can do your nutrition visits over the phone or through a telehealth platform.
We are knowledgeable in Gastric Bypass, Adjustable Gastric Band, Vertical Gastric Sleeve and Revision surgeries.
How We Can Help With Your Bariatric Surgery Game Plan
Our services cover some or all of these topics depending on your specific need:
- Healthy eating changes to make before surgery with example meal plans
- Fluid recommendations and signs and symptoms of dehydration
- Nutritionally balanced meals and protein supplements
- Lean protein sources
- Recommended vitamin and mineral supplements
- How to prevent vitamin and mineral deficiencies after surgery
- Post-op diet progression
Most health insurance companies require monthly behavioral/diet/weight documentation for 3 to 6 months prior to weight loss surgery, so don’t delay.
Nutrition by Joey can help with the following required insurance documentation:
- Monthly “weight management program” documentation (varies based on health insurance guidelines)
- Licensed Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Assessment required for health insurance approval
- Provide letter of medical necessity
- Call or email us today to make your appointment!